Thursday, August 26, 2010

CHECK


A typical Ferguson Trio morning starting @ 6:30:

6:30-Wake kiddos up/kiss daddy goodbye-CHECK.
6:30-6:45-Wake kiddos up....again-CHECK.
6:45-7:00-Breakfast/brush teeth-CHECK.
7:00-7:10-Dressed-CHECK.
7:10-7:15-Shoes on-CHECK.
7:15-7:20-Backpacks ready-CHECK.
7:20-7:25-Lunches either made/or what choice ready for teacher-CHECK.
7:25-7:30- Hair.................... 
*Sam (shaved, off the hook)-CHECK. 
* Noah (typically wants his w/ gel & 'poke-y')-CHECK
*Madeline-(typically wants it in a 'pony' half up) THIS fateful morning she wanted a hair clip. 
             And not just any hair clip....THIS particular hair clip. "Awesome" I say...b/c it matches her shirt, I attach the hair clip to her hair.
             Sam tells her it looks like she has a shoelace stuck to her head.  Madeline punches his face.  Madeline goes into 
             time-out.  Mommy wants to take a picture of her super cute hair clip this morning.  Madeline is NOT amused.  

3:00-School is out-Hair clip did not last until even lunch, as fellow 1st graders told Madeline her hair clip looked like she had lots of
               'bunny ears" from shoe laces growing out of her hair.  Madeline says to me, "Why didn't you TELL ME it looked silly?!"
               I say, "Because I think it's CUTE!" Madeline rolls her eyes, stomps away, & slams her door.

3:30-Mommy looks in the fridge for wine-CHECK.