My "top 10" good, bad, and ugly ... things I've discovered since my mom's cancer diagnosis:
1) Anything/everything I will ever want for Christmas cannot be found in a store.
2) Strangers should be more patient.
3) People as a whole? Are genuinely kind, and full of mercy and grace.
4) If you're not 36, and your mom doesn't have cancer, and you don't live 1500 miles away from her, then no; you ...
actually don't get it.
5) Denial, isolation, and anger = serious shit.
6) As much as I love Judith Light, it's never a good idea to be in the same room as a Lifetime movie.
7) Not to save my prayers until bedtime, on-the-spot seems like a better approach.
8) I know without a doubt my recent 8 weeks in the southwest were priceless for both the kids, and myself.
9) I for the first time, in probably ever, truly don't care about the onslaught of whispering regarding my choices, my parenting, my marriage, my house-for-sale, my shoes. None of it really matters.
10) I need to start writing again, I need to keep taking pictures, and I need to continue Sunday Adventuring with my Fergletts.
5) Denial, isolation, and anger = serious shit.
6) As much as I love Judith Light, it's never a good idea to be in the same room as a Lifetime movie.
7) Not to save my prayers until bedtime, on-the-spot seems like a better approach.
8) I know without a doubt my recent 8 weeks in the southwest were priceless for both the kids, and myself.
9) I for the first time, in probably ever, truly don't care about the onslaught of whispering regarding my choices, my parenting, my marriage, my house-for-sale, my shoes. None of it really matters.
10) I need to start writing again, I need to keep taking pictures, and I need to continue Sunday Adventuring with my Fergletts.
