The MRI machine. The machine is actually competing against my exclusive circle. You know the team of gals that know all the good/ugly, know all the old stories, the ones you would fly a thousand miles just to go cry with them on the floor of their closet during the inevitable and unthinkable life events? That circle. What does this MRI machine have on them? Well, while I was inside the tube listening to the beeping jackhammer shriek at me, it occurred to me that this machine was closing in on the long-distance life race. Surely not! So, since all I had was time in the tube, I started to compare MRI's with my circle.
MRI's tell you the truth, even when it's hurts. Check. MRI's know those old memories that are so easy to forget, showing a footprint, a shadow of what used be. Check. The MRI test itself is like a giant hug, tight and squeezing. The machine will not let go until it's done, for your own good. Even when you could rationalize and convince the lay person that really, really this hug can end, you are okay. It will keep you captured, knowing you can handle this; even if you don't think you can handle one more minute. Check. This is the ugly part of working with you... be it the MRI machine or the circle; and neither would ever dream of quitting. Check.
MRI film can somewhat predict what may lay ahead due to the map of past occurrences; those footprints of long ago. Check. MRI's are necessary. Important. Give a clear picture of what we should do next, if anything, and sometimes that next step is, well-nothing. Check. Sometimes the MRI test has to be interrupted, the hugging stops to let the enemy in. The enemy let's call....contrast. After the enemy has poked it's needle, prodded, looked for an entry, dug around and after 3, 4, sometimes even 5 attempts through arms & hands and phrases like, "hard stick, deep veins, collapsing veins, veins that role; reinforcement is called in. The MRI machine is (I like to think anyway) in agreement with me when I silently think through a somewhat sincere smile, "then why the heck didn't you call in THAT guy first when I told you I was a "hard stick" eh? EH?". The Machine is happy to have me back within it's grasp, hugging again, this go around for just a burst of time, letting the foreign contrast search, seek, lurk. The MRI machine holds me tight; only letting me go when it's safe. Check.
MRI's tell you the truth, even when it's hurts. Check. MRI's know those old memories that are so easy to forget, showing a footprint, a shadow of what used be. Check. The MRI test itself is like a giant hug, tight and squeezing. The machine will not let go until it's done, for your own good. Even when you could rationalize and convince the lay person that really, really this hug can end, you are okay. It will keep you captured, knowing you can handle this; even if you don't think you can handle one more minute. Check. This is the ugly part of working with you... be it the MRI machine or the circle; and neither would ever dream of quitting. Check.
MRI film can somewhat predict what may lay ahead due to the map of past occurrences; those footprints of long ago. Check. MRI's are necessary. Important. Give a clear picture of what we should do next, if anything, and sometimes that next step is, well-nothing. Check. Sometimes the MRI test has to be interrupted, the hugging stops to let the enemy in. The enemy let's call....contrast. After the enemy has poked it's needle, prodded, looked for an entry, dug around and after 3, 4, sometimes even 5 attempts through arms & hands and phrases like, "hard stick, deep veins, collapsing veins, veins that role; reinforcement is called in. The MRI machine is (I like to think anyway) in agreement with me when I silently think through a somewhat sincere smile, "then why the heck didn't you call in THAT guy first when I told you I was a "hard stick" eh? EH?". The Machine is happy to have me back within it's grasp, hugging again, this go around for just a burst of time, letting the foreign contrast search, seek, lurk. The MRI machine holds me tight; only letting me go when it's safe. Check.One thing the MRI machine doesn't have on my circle? MRI's won't call me back when it's late, answer on the weekends, or make me laugh until I just can't even breathe.
So, circle...thanks and I love you too.