Sam’s new cursive writing.
I know it seems like a pretty average wish. World peace. Sigh. So disheartening when I think that he has never known a world without people/parents/aunts/uncles being deployed overseas. I remember vividly my freshman year in high school (1991 Desert Storm). The music teacher had us sing Lee Greenwood’s God Bless the USA; and at the time I was concerned with whether or not she would assign me as 1st or 2nd soprano for the upcoming concert. However after a few dozen times singing, listening & watching her expression each time we sang it...we all knew this was something much bigger than just a song...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Madeline & I made a few discoveries this weekend. I discovered that some things aren't worth the fight in the morning (especially during the week!). Whether it's milk in a wine glass instead of the pink plastic little-kid-cup...
or honey-nut-cheerios mixed with super sugary cinnamon-toast-crunch-hold the milk please...instead of a banana with oatmeal...OR being the line leader down the stairs. :)
Madeline discovered a new addition for her Bakery.
Madeline's teeny-tiny-cloud-biscuit-balls. Left over dough from our biscuits turned into super yummy 'cloud balls'...who knew?!





