Monday, August 2, 2010

Nickerson Pasture Patch

Sunday Adventure @ 'The Nickerson's  Pasture Patch'!!!


Noah deep in thought (or heat exhaustion)...pretty sure just deep in thought...although it was pretty darn hot & sticky yesterday!

The boys & I stop our stroll through the wild flowers for a Kodak moment...awwwww! Such nice smiles 
(:  Sam-8 & NoahBaker 4  :)



Madeline joins Noah for his deep-post-thinking...


Fabulous Ferguson Trio out on their Sunday afternoon adventure!





Sam (during supper last night- & then continuing after lunch today):

S-  "Mommy, am I what you would consider a country kid? I mean I really want to live out in the country.  Sell our house.  Live out in the middle of no-where.  We could plant our own food, Daddy & I could hunt for animals to eat, it would be awesome! You wouldn't have to go to work, we wouldn't have to go anywhere...Mommy you could HOME-SCHOOL us!!!"
A-  (ROARING laughter)
A- "Well, you certainly aren't a city kid."
S- "Why not, what do you mean?"
R-  (Chuckling)
A-  "Well...you like outside stuff, BB guns...
R-  "Sam you like camping, hiking, the outdoors, I suppose you could be considered a country kid"
S-  "But Mommy why couldn't you home-school us, and we could live out in the country killing and growing our own food; aw come on-it would be AWESOME!"
R-  (Chuckling)
A-  "Sam honey, I am not qualified to home-school you, sorry. So, nooooooooo. Not going to happen."
Mad- "I'm a country kid too!"
Noah- "Me too, I'm a country kid too!"
S- "Yes, we are a family of country people."
R- "All except for Mommy, she thinks she's a city-girl still"
A- "Yep!"

**Fast forward 24 hours**

S- "Alright Mommy, you said yesterday you are a 'city-girl' what exactly do you mean? You mean that you want to live in the city limits of Maryville, like across the street from the park so we can walk to the square whenever we want?"
A- "Well, yes and no."
S- "What exactly 'YES' do you mean...and why 'NO', no to what? What exactly do you mean?"
A- (Laughing) "Well, Sam, what specifically do you want an explanation of?
S- "Come ON, you know what I mean, why is daddy a country boy and why are you a city girl? You don't look like a city girl type to me."
A- (Eyebrow cocked) "And what exactly does a city girl 'type' look like Sam?"
S-"You, know. Like really skinny, really pretty, with really tall shoes,  like really tall shoes (looking down @ my bare feet) lots of bags, really busy all the time, big sunglasses, just...really busy."
A- "Well that is a pretty good description of one type of city girl. But there are lots of different kind of city girls though. That description fits about half of my friends here in Maryville.  For example, think of most of your friends mom's.  They are ALL skinny/pretty/carry lots of bags (okay perhaps some are diaper bags and or soccer/baseball/football bags-but you get where I'm going here) and busy! They don't live in a huge city.
S- "Good point. You still don't look like a city girl Mommy."
A- "Really? Because I think I fit your description perfectly."
S- "Hmmmm, now I guess YOU have a good point."
A- (Smiling) "Well then thanks Sam." (Thinking this was a pretty healthy conversation, nice way to end it).
S-  "Welcome Mommy. Hey-why is it important to you to be a 'city-girl' anyway?" 
A- "Sigh. Because Sam, I love traffic jams, smog, & being able to go to 15 different stores within a 15 minute radius at any time day or night, & not having to allot an extra 15 minutes where ever you go b/c you don't run into anyone you know.  And in the city if I don't answer the phone, I don't have to wonder if whoever just called me will show up at my door anyway, simply because my car is in the driveway or the street.  I LIKE being able to see people different than me, I wish that you guys could see boys married to boys & girls married to girls on a routine basis, bums that live under the bridge, and Joe-Crack mumbling to himself as he passes by....
S- "That sounds...........HORRIBLE!" 
A- "Exactly my point Sam!  You can practice mercy and compassion on a daily basis if you feel like it, and if not, there will always be an opportunity to either ignore Joe-Crack or listen to his ramblings as a reminder why drugs are very, very, very bad.  It's important to me that I give you guys an opportunity to see things that are different than you.  There are a lot of wonderful things about living in a big city as well, not just bad stuff.  It's all on your perspective.
S- "Well, I'm on Daddy's team, we are totally country boys and we are going to kill and cook our own food!"
A- "Sounds like a plan Sam."
S- "Can I have snack?"
A- (Nodding my head yes)
S-"Noah's peanut butter on a spoon looks pretty tasty."
A- "Would you like PB on a spoon Sam?"
S-That seems like the most country thing to eat so yes, PB on a spoon...but only until I can shoot a deer and then cook it over an open fire and eat it."

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)