Sunday, September 9, 2012

nope/proud




Sometimes you just need to say NO. 
I wish I had said no more often actually.
I wish I would have said no, more consistently.
We should empower our children to say no when the situation calls for it.
 I want my children to feel confident and strong. So God willing, when they are adults, they each feel self assured and full of self esteem. 



^ Such a rare sight from only 3 feet high. This beautiful little nest in a teeny Charlie Brown tree out at Mozingo this spring.

I love this picture. My Lewis Folk from a LONG time ago :). My favorite part about it are the adult children behaving and the parents acting up!!!  I feel inspiration coming on for my next family photo shoot, perfect angelic children with mom/dad making faces. 



Near Clarinda, Iowa



My original caption was, "You know you're a redneck when ..." but was graciously reminded that rednecks don't eat edamame. Aunt Susan flew in for the win (on her broom of course) explaining that rednecks don't ... but Republicans do and ... EeeeewwwwwWW. Hahaha! Sam snuck this one in the freezer. He's quite the shot. In case you can't tell exactly what it is? A dove. Yep. The universal symbol of peace and love, beheaded in my freezer.



PROUD!