Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Football & 'Dave'






Sam had a football game over the weekend & had such a great time. He caught the ball this week...ran like the wind...and crouched down like a 'professional'. These are the days.


Between football, 1st grade homework, Madeline & Sam's upcoming Halloween party events, this home-room-mother is a busy gal! A fellow preschool mom brought us a frog, she evidently has four. I told her we could keep him for a little while, but then we will return to her or set free to a pond before winter...so he could do whatever frogs do during the winter season. Noah has named him Dave. I have to wonder where my two-year-old came up with 'Dave'. Dave is cute. Dave is little. Dave (at this point) does not stink. Dave eats crickets & we usually catch crickets & feed them to the spider...Dave will work out just fine for the time being.


I worked last night at the nursing home & it was wonderful. I feel very lucky to be there for a few hours twice a week. I finally have the time to do what I wanted & so desperately needed to do while I was the activity director...but couldn't due to meetings, care plans, paper work etc...

I come in at 4pm, stay over in the Alzheimer's unit reading & visiting, then around 5:30 I come back out to the dinning room, get coffee, tea, etc...while the Residents are eating. Around 6-6:30 I start wheeling one @ a time outside (if they will come with me & they usually do) to visit & enjoy these great evenings. I do that until 8 & then go home. It is wonderful & I think I enjoy it as much as they do, it's a nice way to end a full day of busy busy busy @ my house.