Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sam & Madeline often look at each other this way. I took this snapshot a month or so ago, however this look found it's way again this morning. Different clothes, different topic, same stubborn hand-on-hips stance, same well-look. This morning it was whether or not Sam should take Daddy's 'lunch-chips' in his (Sam's) cold lunch that was packed today. Madeline insisted that Sam couldn't since they were Daddy's & if I caved then she was certainly going to get some too. Sigh. Everyone ended up with Cheetos today.

Madeline, Noah, Claire & I were coming back from the park the other day & Madeline had a rock in her shoe. No big deal, she decided to hop the rest of the way home. The hop turned into a nasty fall, later turning into an awful scrape. She was so very brave though. As brave as a 4-year-old facing an awful lot of blood on her pink pants!

She is feeling better today though, her knee looks better-but she still didn't want to go to Bearcat Boogie for her dance class. There will be other Thursdays for dance. Meanwhile we are watching cousin Claire while she is in between childcare facilities for the next few weeks. Noah isn't used to having to share with someone who has the same reasoning as he does. It has been really really really fun to watch these two interact. Fun and a bit tricky at times when they both have such compelling two-year-old arguments!

After discovering that it is not very fun taking turns Noah Baker sat with his 'grumpy face'. He told me while I was taking a picture that I was making him mad. I was also not being a nice mommy. Claire, Noah said, needed to go home. After a while with his grumpy face, the cousins were brought together by the Thomas Table. What a great find by Rob about 7 years ago. Rob brought that home while I was pregnant with Sam (very early on, we didn't even know if it was Sam or Samantha yet). He did cheer up after a trip outside. We discovered on yet another tree the "buggie" shells all lined up & ready. Noah is fine with bugs, until they fall on him or land on him. Me too, well-except for ants. We all know my highly unreasonable irrational issue with ants. Could be worse right?

Sam wants to visit Grandpa Curt. He has been talking lately that he should probably fly out to Washington, stay with Grandpa Curt about a "month or maybe five" then fly back. I have reminded him that he has school & there is always next Summer. I think he will probably remember the 'next summer' comment. Better prepare Grandpa Curt!

***Last but certainly not least...Jackson Dean was born yesterday late afternoon! He looks like Matthew but teeny tiny. He has black hair, big eyes, chubby cheeks & is perfect. The next four weeks will drag on until I can see him!***