Monday, October 13, 2008

The foot no longer looks dead & Aunt Kristina



The ankle is looking much better these days! The swelling is all but gone, it does feel 'wobbly' when it's not wrapped tight...but rarely hurts anymore-phew!
These toes haven't looked so good! The bruising has nearly disappeared & they look 'alive' again. For awhile they were all purple & had a greenish hue...ew. Sam thought the hue was "Awesome!" For the rest of us...ew.

Aunt Kristina was here over the weekend for a much needed mini-vacation (for both of us!). Kristina was a huge help in the childcare department & is always great at encouraging me to get out & go places. We agreed that if we weren't thrown together as family we would not be compatible friends. She is adventurous, fun, spontaneous, calming, exceptional, patient, & never
ever gets uptight.


I on the other hand have experienced these action words at times; but I think compared to her it would be accurate to describe me as the happy football-Bearcat Boogie Mom who went to the elementary school, the grocery store, & Curves. No more, no less. I certainly wouldn't go out after 7pm, wouldn't be brave enough to go into JCPenny's with all my children (what if they have a melt down...or rather...what if I?!), wouldn't go to Applebees with the kiddos just because we were hungry. I just well- wouldn't. For fear of sounding like Oprah; I will say this: I never ever thought the Balcony people I hold on to so tightly in my life could ever be as blessed as it is. Kristina tops right up there with Millie & Caroline. All give me a different view of life, with equal parts validation and at just the right times.

Thursday we packed up and went out towards the pumpkin patch. A grand time was had by all! This wonderful woman Kathy welcomed us & gave us a tour, let the kids play & play-encouraged Noah to help her load pumpkins & eagerly helped the kids pet the goats, bunny, & baby pig! We drove to Tarkio, followed the signs & found this great farm/pumpkin patch. Turns out Kathy has seven grandchildren, so she said to stay as long as we wanted she loves watching her grandkids play. So...we did!




Silly girls!