Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall & Pearl...


It finally feels like October has arrived today. It's only in the upper 60's windy & the trees are starting to turn. I am ready! We have been collecting the red & yellow leaves from Mrs. Houghton's house & Edna Mary's house. Leaves from other peoples property is much more enticing than our own.

This weekend we were over celebrating Uncle Jim's 60th birthday. This picture of the kiddos is in their back yard...they had a great time!












Sam, Madeline & Noah were in such a silly mood this morning...I will take silly over any other 'mood' any day!

Sam & Rob drinking coffee :).

My friend Pearl has been very sick these days & I was rummaging through my pictures for her cork board @ the nursing home. She is bound to her bed these days, but this picture is from last Fall when I was working in activities. Pearl is the Golden Girl of the nursing home, the 'model' Resident if there were to be such a thing. She gets up every morning, puts on her make-up, checks her calendar, & starts her busy day. As most 91-year-olds she has really interesting stories. I was telling Sam about how they couldn't afford wood floors when she was growing up so as a girl they only had a dirt floor. To top that (I told Sam) she was the only one who went to school-she rode the horse & her brothers stayed home & farmed. Sam had a million questions. We wrote down a few for Pearl when she's feeling better.