I wonder what I will wish for...
Birthday flowers for my room!
Madeline-5 & Amy-33

I am so totally a 5-year-old-Kindergartner!!!
Birthday flowers for my room!
Madeline-5 & Amy-33
Madeline & Daddy adding some mini-M&M's to the batter...
Talk about a team effort, thanks to Grandma Ellie's old Pyrex bowls the lady-bug looked like well, a real bug! Big bowl for the body & little bowl for the head. Then, a TON of frosting keeping the two together.
Rob used rope-licorice to outline the body/wings for me; I'm so glad I had a guide once I was frosting, it would have been really tricky to stay-in-the-lines without the licorice. This was not something I would have been successful with, if I didn't have the help of my amazing design team; thank you Rob Ferguson!
Madeline working very carefully on the lady-bugs spots. We used junior mints for the spots on the cupcakes & peppermint patties for the big lady-bug's spots. Mini-M&M's for the eyes on the cup-cakes & big M&M's for the lady-bug cake-with a little help of some extra frosting as glue.; and 1/2 a peppermint patty for the cup-cake head. (Thank you Google!)
Ta-DA!
The reveal...She hadn't seen it all put together, the mommy lady-bug with her babies, the grass (coconut) & with the peonies (from the back yard). She was so very pleased; & big brother Sam was so sweet to be truly excited for her.
Talk about a team effort, thanks to Grandma Ellie's old Pyrex bowls the lady-bug looked like well, a real bug! Big bowl for the body & little bowl for the head. Then, a TON of frosting keeping the two together.
Rob used rope-licorice to outline the body/wings for me; I'm so glad I had a guide once I was frosting, it would have been really tricky to stay-in-the-lines without the licorice. This was not something I would have been successful with, if I didn't have the help of my amazing design team; thank you Rob Ferguson!
Madeline working very carefully on the lady-bugs spots. We used junior mints for the spots on the cupcakes & peppermint patties for the big lady-bug's spots. Mini-M&M's for the eyes on the cup-cakes & big M&M's for the lady-bug cake-with a little help of some extra frosting as glue.; and 1/2 a peppermint patty for the cup-cake head. (Thank you Google!)
Ta-DA!
The reveal...She hadn't seen it all put together, the mommy lady-bug with her babies, the grass (coconut) & with the peonies (from the back yard). She was so very pleased; & big brother Sam was so sweet to be truly excited for her.
I am so totally a 5-year-old-Kindergartner!!!