Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall


As we were leaving for school yesterday morning Noah said, "Mommy, I don't want the tree to drop all its leaves", so we talked about life cycles. I thought I had a brilliant response- this spring around his 4th birthday we will see new baby leaves...nope. Instead he says with just the most heartbroken voice, "But Mommy-the tree will be just so sad without all those leaves..." It was sweet; so this afternoon we jumped into the leaves, on the leaves, around the leaves, behind the leaves...somehow that made everything better.







Last weekend was full of princess crowning and parade riding so we thought we should relax on Sunday and take our adventure into the country. Rob took us out along the woods/river somewhere & as we were discovering lots of cool rocks Sam stumbled across something. Turns out...it was a shotgun shell. Oh yeah...it's deer season! Yikes! So we started singing...loudly, "We're not deer please don't shoot us, we're not deer please don't shoot us, oh no we're not deer, no not deer...we don't want to be hung up on your wall...because we're not deer!" There were a few more verses, but I was laughing so hard I could barely make it back up the bank-let alone remember our awesome lyrics!


The Homecoming Princess did great...there were SO many people Thursday night- but she was cool, calm and composed (very unlike her mother).  She had a fantastic time!

Hey big sister, you are NOT the only royalty around here you know!
Meanwhile Super Sam is turning 8 in just 2 days...8?! When the heck did that happen? I think I will enlighten Sam how life was about 8 years ago. I think he would really get a kick out of apartment life with neighbors Chuck & Casey.  My best times were spent next door at their place, Fresca & 'Friends'. I needed no more. This pregnant girl of 25 spent the better part of a year across the hall; & those boys took exceptional care of me.  As much as I love those two more than anything...I am eternally grateful that Rob paid his dues to the life-sucking 'existance' that was retail(shudder)!