Tuesday, November 3, 2009

8.5.3 (not to be confused with 867-5309)

Noah Baker on the skate board. Now, like most three-year-olds Noah is all about, mine, I need yours, and hers, mine, and his, mine, and pretty much...me too, mine, all mine, big-time-mine.  So we thought if he really had to try out Sam's skateboard, let's strap on a helmet, try it out on the rug, and hope for the best.  Phew.  A success. Until however, he decides he did so great that he should probably try it out on the sidewalk with big brother...sigh!

Miss Madeline at noon.  Miss Madeline @ 6pm.  Poor little thing, asthma really sucks!

The birthday boy.  Grandpa Vilas gives Sam a Swiss Army knife...he wants to open a can desperately with it now.  Any can, doesn't matter what, he just needs to open one, quick!  I've been able to redirect, but for how long? I think I will suggest that Sam and Rob open a random can with the knife; while Madeline and I make ourselves busy- perhaps painting our nails.

The Venus Fly Trap.  Sam has wanted a venus fly trap for his birthday for 'forever'.  On only its second day here we were able to provide it breakfast.  Okay, so I wake up Saturday AM stumble along in a sleepy daze with only coffee on my mind.  I see a little black something on the floor, hmmmm.  Bend down to peer at it; what do you know-a spider. Super. Now I'm in a dilema. Never before have I had to actually think for even a second whether or not I should kill a spider. I've had to stop before & determine the size/furriness of the spider; and whether or not I had the necessary foot attire to do the job.  But never if I should let one live. Sigh. So, at this point I take a cup scoop it up (all before coffee mind you) and run into Sam's room.  "Sam! I have a live spider in a cup &  if you want to feed it to your Venus Flytrap then jump out of bed, because I can't hold his cup for much longer...ewwwwww!!!)

Sam jumps out of bed, "I'm up! I'm up! Venus Flytrap, got it, spider, okay, I'm up!"
We put the spider into the soil & within maybe 5 minutes it was plant food!

Artwork by Kindergarten girl Madeline...



Posted by Picasa